Friday, June 7, 2013

"My Favorite City" by Forrest Gump

This week's pieces of the week feature our senior tutors, some of whom represent our very first HWC tutors. We wish them the best of luck in all that they do, and especially in their writing!

My favorite city in whole world, hands down, is definitely the Big Apple, the one and only New York City. Most of my favorite sports teams are also from New York. I have been to New York around forty to fifty times in my lifetime so far. I have traveled to the city a handful amount of times, but always go into Long Island whenever I visit because of family. Everyone on my mother's side of the family lives on Long Island except for my Uncle and Aunt. All of my mother's best friends from when she was younger also lives on Long Island. Whenever we visit, the trip consists of visiting our family and also our extended family which is larger than our actual family, crazy, I know.



Since I grew up visiting New York, I learned to appreciate  and love it. I absolutely love the hustle and bustle that New York gives off within the state, Long Island, and especially within the city. Every time I visit I love taking in the smells, good and bad, the sights of the highly developed industrial horizon, the views of the enormous buildings, and I just think about all of the history and business that is contained within this legendary city.

My love for this city is so crazy that I enjoy travelling and being in the notorious New York Subway. I get a feeling of awe when I see the ocean of yellow taxis on the roads of the city and when I smell the scent of fried food on the sides of the roads. Another aspect of why I love New York City so much is the FOOD. The delis that are in the city are almost all incredible whether you order pizza, or a sub, or a soup. I am big on food and always appreciate a great meal.


The main reason why I love New York and New York City is because of all of the great memories I associate and had with that city and state. Whether the memory is about a good movie that was filmed there, remembering a good baseball game, or even just remembering spending time with my grandparents and other family members there. My parents were both born on Long Island so I guess that also has influenced my love for the Big Apple. One day, I dream of living in the city or working in it and being able to start a family in that state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Ivy League School" by Monica Cody

When I was a young child, I knew that I wanted to go to Harvard. To study what, I don’t know. I barely knew what Harvard was, other than th...