Friday, November 21, 2014

"October 17" by July Third

Walking home that day was one of the hardest things I had done in a while.
I heard him, his voice, his laugh.
But he was talking to her.
Walking in front of them holding it all in.
Thinking back to the past year and all that had changed,
Wishing none of it had.

All I wanted to do was jump into the street
Shut out the pain, the agony, the hurt.
And make it all stop.
Walking, heel toe- heel toe back straight, praying I wouldn’t fall.
Yet something held me back,
 from cowering away.

That’s when I realized
I loved it, I missed it, I craved it.
This is what I had been dreaming of.
Walking slower now, taking it all in.
Knowing I would do this everyday


For a chance to hear him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Ivy League School" by Monica Cody

When I was a young child, I knew that I wanted to go to Harvard. To study what, I don’t know. I barely knew what Harvard was, other than th...