Friday, January 11, 2013

"Fading into Blankets" by Ember Verity


Lying in the whiteness,
You seem so small,
So without hope.
Did you do this to yourself on purpose?
You have such a good heart,
But why does your skin wither like paper?
You are dissolving before us.
All you feel around you is the cold,
But you say that our warmth gives you hope.
Hope in a new day.
So much conviction,
You’re withering.
Why do you have to go?
Why do you fade into your blankets?
You grow paler,
You grow weaker,
Why?
Why do you fail us now?
Such strength of will,
Fortitude,
Why learn to fly now?
Live forever.
For me?
Won’t you please live forever?
Don’t you dare fade now.
How dare you allow yourself to wither,
Like the pages of one of your beloved books.
You are not a story.
Why can’t you Live Forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Ivy League School" by Monica Cody

When I was a young child, I knew that I wanted to go to Harvard. To study what, I don’t know. I barely knew what Harvard was, other than th...