Friday, March 16, 2018

"The Girl of My Dreams" by Supreme Patty



Before we begin, let me provide you with some context to who I am. My name is Supreme Patty. I’m a student at Herndon High School. I’m not the best looking guy, but I think my crappy jokes make up for that. I’ve never really been into dating, and no girl ever caught my attention, but during my junior year, something changed. I can’t explain it, but something was different about this specific girl. I know that sounds like a cliche, but she just made me happy. Also, yes I know, I’m a high schooler, and I'm pretty much saying I’ve found the “girl-of-my-dreams,” but in this very moment of time, I’m speaking from my heart and living by the motto that “life is too short not to be happy.”

I was 16-years-old when I met my first love. As young as I was, I was desperate and would have taken anyone or anything that showed me an ounce of passion. Nevertheless, I became obsessed with this specific girl. I met her in my Physics class; she had a perfect smile, rich golden hair, and a laugh which captivated me, and I got to see her every “black-day” during 8th period.
It was the night of my junior prom. I was sitting with my schoolmates at a large roundtable, each one accompanied by their date. When the slow-dance music began to play, everyone began to make their way to the dance-floor. The table suddenly was empty, and I was alone. Then, I looked up and saw her sitting alone at a nearby table. It was my golden opportunity. I got up and worked up the nerve to approach her. I began to feel anxious as I drew nearer to her, my knees started to feel weak, and my arms began to feel heavy.

"Hey ...", I choked. She didn’t respond. I should have construed that as the first sign of rejection. She turned her head without twisting her body and replied: "Hey ... what's up?." I asked, "would you like to dance with me?" I asked as I extended a hand towards her. Deep down I was thinking "did I just do that?" She captivated me with her beautiful smile and took my hand. She guided me to the middle of the room where all the students were dancing, and I staggered, mentally and physically. I wasn’t a bad dancer, but her presence turned my feet to boulders. "Why did you wait so long to ask?" she asked. I stared into her green eyes and said: "Whenever I saw you, you paralyzed me with your beauty."(Wow that was corny). She smiled and placed her head on my shoulder.

When the song ended, she turned around and slowly walked back to a table in the far west end of the ballroom.  She sat down and took out her phone. I remained where she had left me, in the middle of the dance floor. When she noticed that I was clueless, she motioned towards me to come and sit down. I sat down next to her, and I pulled out my iPhone to see that it was 12:30 AM. I asked her if she would like a ride home, and she responded: “I would.” Once I reached her house, I felt I was on Cloud 9. I said “I had fun” and then she began to lean towar-

Then it happened. I woke up and found myself sitting in my Physics class, with my head pushed face-first against the table. “She” had woken me up because she didn’t want me to get into trouble with our teacher. I appreciated it and said thanks. Ever since that day, i’ve been at a loss of words whenever I see her. I was upset that day, asking myself “why couldn’t it have been real.”

Junior prom is coming up in two months and from my experience reality never lives up to expectations. But, hopefully, this time it will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Ivy League School" by Monica Cody

When I was a young child, I knew that I wanted to go to Harvard. To study what, I don’t know. I barely knew what Harvard was, other than th...