Friday, January 17, 2014

"The Perfect Equation" by Victoria Lemmings

To my dearest,

Today in math, I saw a sine,
A sine that said we were meant to b(squared) together.

Because, darling,
If you were a triangle, your angles would be less than 90 degrees
Because you are totally acute.

I don’t want us to be like asymptotes,
Coming so close, but never touching.

We were destined to cross paths,
Like two perpendicular lines
Floating on our graph of love.

Baby,
If we were an equation,
Our domain would go to infinity.

I can’t function (F(x))
Without you.

Be the cosine to my sine,
Be the cosecant to my secant,
Be the cotangent to my tangent.

In class we solve problems daily,
But my only problem is that you’re not mine.

I don’t care about finding x and y,
As long as I can find u.

Forget about Pythagoras 
The only equation I care about
Is U + Me = <3

Yours Truly,



1 comment:

"Ivy League School" by Monica Cody

When I was a young child, I knew that I wanted to go to Harvard. To study what, I don’t know. I barely knew what Harvard was, other than th...