Thursday, March 17, 2016

"A Letter to my Pillow" by Samurai Jack

Dear Pillow,

I am writing you this letter when I think about you most, when I have to work. I’m sitting on my porch with my lawn half mowed, tired and wanting to sleep. Just like a thirsty dog crawls towards water, I crawl towards the time of day when I can put my head down upon you. You are the goal of a hard day’s work. You are the pot at the end of the rainbow. You don’t complain, you don’t have needs, you only give, give give. It’s amazing! I use you everyday, but you don’t complain. You are so perfect. You’re the perfect balance of softness, and you never get too hot or too cold. Unlike people, you never leave. You never hurt me. You are like clouds as seen from a high mountain or hill-Fluffy, soft, and beautiful. Even as I write this, I day dream about laying on you and falling asleep. Until 11 PM, my love.

Sincerely,

Samurai Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Ivy League School" by Monica Cody

When I was a young child, I knew that I wanted to go to Harvard. To study what, I don’t know. I barely knew what Harvard was, other than th...