Thursday, March 31, 2016

"The Spoon" by C.T. Ruth

Joy sometimes looks like Jay
Which makes my heart stop for a little bit
Because it reminds me of summer air and shared smiles
And I'm caught in this fantasy of you
I'm rolled up in the idea that you wanted me for me
Hips and scars and all
I've started to forget about the spoon in my car
It's just a normal thing now until I drive someone new and they ask
I smile a little before I dive into the story of us
Weaving and webbing together what July was
Sometimes I catch myself making it seem less or more than what it was

At the end of the day it was just a month with exchanges of you

1 comment:

"Ivy League School" by Monica Cody

When I was a young child, I knew that I wanted to go to Harvard. To study what, I don’t know. I barely knew what Harvard was, other than th...