Friday, March 11, 2016

"Not Today!" by Miss Steak

Today is the first Monday of the year. I can’t let this Monday be bad. It's the first day back from break and everyone looks unhappy to be at school. I try to remain positive and think about all the great things I’m going to do. I’m going to get an A on my English test, I am going to own my presentation for Spanish. As I walk down the hallway someone spills their orange juice all over my nice, new sweater. Remain positive, remain positive. It’s fine I have a shirt on underneath my sweater and I can wash it when I get home. I’m ok. I’m ok.

Alright next class. “Everyone turn in their packets before the test. Miss Steak, do you have your packet?”. As I look through my binder my packet is missing. My stomach drops. I frantically search my whole backpack. Suddenly, I realize that it isn’t in my bag. It’s on my desk from when I was making sure my answers were perfect. “Make sure you have it on my desk for half-credit tomorrow”. Ah can this day get any worse?

No, it can only get better. I still have Spanish. I can still do good on that. As I force a smile and a laugh I head to lunch. All my friends are complaining about being back in school and how they just want to go home. I try to get them to remain positive but they just shoot me dirty looks. As I open my lunch my yogurt falls out and smacks on the table with a bang. It pours out onto my leg. Dang it. I quickly start wiping off the yogurt but it looks even worse. My friends start laughing. “Ha! He peed his pants”. My cheeks turn tomato red. I sit down and start eating my food but I have lost my appetite. I just want to go home.

No! I can do this. It’s not that bad. As I get up from lunch I get laughed at a little more by the freshmen. Gosh, this is so embarrassing. I try to pull my shirt down to cover up the stain on my leg. As I walk into Spanish class the teacher tells us that he has decided to extend the project. Dang it. As I crawl to the bus my confidence from this morning has left me. I walk home and finally lay down on my couch. As I lay there my dog comes up and starts licking my leg. Before I know it my stain is gone. I get up to get some water but as I look on the counter I notice some Swedish Fish with a note.

 It read: Just in case you had a bad day, Love Mom.


A smile creeps over my face. Not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Ivy League School" by Monica Cody

When I was a young child, I knew that I wanted to go to Harvard. To study what, I don’t know. I barely knew what Harvard was, other than th...