Thursday, February 22, 2018

"My Little Sister" by KMB

My little sister was born on October 23rd, 2014. I’m not exactly sure what hospital she was born in, I believe it was Inova Fairfax hospital, but that’s not very important to this piece. Anyway, my mother and father named this monstrosity, Aleyda Benitez.

I actually didn’t want a little sister, but one knows how parents are. They always seem to surprise you with something new. That being said, when they announced that they were bringing a little girl into the world. I wasn’t exactly happy.

It was my freshman year when my little sister was born. I knew it wasn’t going to benefit me one bit. For the first few months I told my parents I didn’t like her. They were in disbelief, but that’s just how it was for me. I thought that my brothers and I were good enough, but I supposed that wasn’t the case. I just didn’t see the reason as to why they needed another child. There were already three of us, yet they wanted a fourth. It just baffled me on how much money it would cost and I deemed it a waste of money. After all, having to buy those diapers and baby formula isn’t cheap. Not only that, but needing someone to take care of a child was also another factor that led to the dislike of my sister. I don’t recall who took care of her when she was little. I think she would just lay on a pillow while I played NBA 2K15 in front of her. Ahh...those were the days.

Fast forward a couple years. She began to learn how to walk. That’s when she truly began to get on my nerves. She would get into everything and make a mess. However, it’s not to the same degree as it is now (which is worse). It was a lot more cleaner, but now she spills things on purpose and even writes on the walls. It’s just very aggravating. She also gets hurt a lot too. She’s blindly walked into hot coal and got these huge, green, grotesque blisters on her feet. They were not pretty. My mom ended up blaming me despite there being like five people around where Aleyda had walked. Yet, I was still the reason for why she has pink scars on her feet (according to my mom). That’s the thing though, if you’re gonna have children, don’t make other kids watch them. That’s like eating a tide pod, disastrous.

Recently my little sister had slipped on the ice, and busted her head open. I wasn’t there (thank god), but her eye had swollen and gotten black. It was kinda shocking at first, but the more I looked at her, the funnier it became. On her left side it would look like she was really tired and sleepy because of the swelling. However, on the right side she was wide awake. It’s a lot better now, but she still has a scar above her eyelid where she had busted her face open. Although, even if that scar doesn’t remind her about that time. I still have some pictures to show her when she’s older.


Even with all the things she does I can’t really hate her. I just get extremely mad at her. She’s grown on me to be honest. I love her. She’s my little sister. No matter what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Ivy League School" by Monica Cody

When I was a young child, I knew that I wanted to go to Harvard. To study what, I don’t know. I barely knew what Harvard was, other than th...